Have you ever had God whisper to your spirit something so profound and clear that it shook you way down deep?
This happened to me in the month of November in the year 2003. Yeshua whispered: “The one to be sacrificed is called laughter.” The first thought that popped into my mind was Abraham’s sacrifice of Issac, but I knew it went loads deeper. Issac’s name means laughter. When Abraham fell on his face and laughed at having a son at one hundred years-old, God told him: “Sarah your wife shall bear you a son, and you shall call his name Issac” (Gen. 17:19 NASB), which means “he laughs.”
To comprehend why God asked Abraham to offer Issac as a burnt offering, we need to delve into the ancient Hebraic understanding of burnt offerings provided for us in the book of Leviticus. The Hebraic root of the word “offering” means coming near. Any type of offering is meant to bring oneself closer to God. Additionally, the Hebrew word for “burnt” is olah, which literally means going up. Therefore, when one sincerely offers themselves or anything dear to themselves to the Lord for the purpose of drawing close, they spiritually go up to meet with the God of mercy personally.
The burnt offering is also called by another name – the elevation offering. As it name suggests, it raises one’s spiritual level. The elevation offering was brought by everyone who went up to Jerusalem for the three prescribed pilgrimage feasts of the Lord. The elevation (i.e. burnt) offering in Old Testament days was considered to be superior to all others, because it was a voluntary sacrifice and it was offered in its entirety. The word “unblemished” in Leviticus 1:3 symbolizes a person coming close to God with nothing missing. All one’s faculties are wholly engaged. When a person brought his burnt offering to the priests (i.e. Kohanim), he was required to lean his hand on the head of his sacrifice. Actually, one had to literally lay both hands on the animal’s head and then confess their sin or shortcoming.
Leaning both hands on one’s sacrifice alluded to leaning on the Lord with your entire strength. In the “Here Comes the Bride” Chapter of my book SANTA-TIZING, you will discover how loving God with all your strength is synonymous with loving God vehemently, wholly, exceedingly, diligently, utterly. It is the highest form of Bridal Love. Christmas is the time of year that people “feast on the abundance of your house” (Psa. 36:8). It is the holiday where Americans, including those in the Church, currently spend most of our resources. Loving God with all your strength in reality means to love Him with all your resources (time, talent, wealth, etc.). Now is the time to offer our strength completely to the King of Kings.
The burnt offering was the first service performed by Aaron’s descendants – the Kohamin – in God’s Wilderness Tabernacle. Anyone could slaughter an animal; but it took the descendants of the High Priest, who received abundant mercy, to receive the shed blood and transport it to the Burnt Altar. It’s interesting that even though there was a heavenly fire always on the Altar, the Kohanim were commanded to add an earthly fire. Once the Kohanim arranged all the cut up parts on the fire, they tended the fire until the sacrifice was consumed. The smoke that rises up to God from the burnt offering is a symbol of the owner’s striving, and the Lord tells us that it pleases Him (Lev. 1:9).
In our day, God’s people, are offered the invitation to become a royal priesthood through their reception of the gift of the shed blood of the Lamb; and they receive forgiveness for their shortcomings once they sincerely confess their sin. They are commissioned into the Order of Melchizedek when they enter His Kingdom. (Please refer to https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=696560787083085&set=pb.436004819805351.-2207520000.1402968093.&type=3&theater.) We bypass animal sacrifices; because Yeshua ha Mashiach (Jesus Christ) offered up the perfect sacrifice of His earthly body once for all. Yeshua became our burnt offering on the cross, and Yeshua’s Bride will be like Him. The spiritual principle behind the burnt offering that remains true today is: “Behold, I have come to do thy will” (Psa. 40:7-8; Heb. 10:7).
The fulfillment of the picture of the burnt offering in our fresh dispensation will be the Baptism of Fire that the Bride of Christ will come through to be the Lord’s pure and spotless Bride. Bridal lovers of God must recognize what practices and beliefs please her Beloved, and which do not; then adjust accordingly come what may. The Word of God together with Holy Spirit will be our guide; this is at least a partial realization of the picture that that the fire that consumes any burnt offering is first and foremost a heavenly fire. Our offering to give up earthly desires and practices will combine with heaven’s fiery perfect will. Like the smoke that rises up from the burnt offering, our total surrender to the All-Consuming Fire will be one of our most pleasing sacrifices as well as one of our most satisfying services.
Our previous divine administration of the earth initiated a shift in the concept of taking up one’s cross and following Him. In our fresh dispensation, we will continue in this vein; but it will dramatically intensify. The Baptism of Fire, which the Bride of Christ will go through, is connected to Colossians 1:24: “Now I rejoice in what was suffered for you, and I fill up in my flesh what is still lacking in regard to Christ’s afflictions, for the sake of His body, which is the church.”
The Lord of Love is asking us to come closer, which amongst other things requires us to walk in a greater measure of holiness. I believe that He is asking us to willingly lay down Christmas, which is a sacrifice very similar to the sacrifice of Issac. Just as Abraham loved Issac with all his heart, so has the majority of Christians loved Christmas. Just as Abraham went up the mountain of God to worship by offering up his most treasured possession to the Lord, so will we. The Lord our God is restoring the holy altar of worship in His Christian Church. If we move beyond all our defense mechanisms and emotional ties in our evaluation of Christmas, we come face-to-face with mixture being brought into a Christian celebration of Christmas from the beginning. Most Christmas customs and traditions were originally pagan, and remain among its most attractive features. Please refer to http://wp.me/p158HG-9p.
The mysterious statement: “The one to be sacrificed is called laughter” has more than one facet to it. Remember how my first thought was of Abraham’s sacrifice of Isaac. It is also primarily refers to our heavenly Father’s sacrifice of his only begotten Son – Jesus on the same Mount Moriah. Additionally, it foreshadows an event for the sons of the living God. It’s an occasion where you and I, sons of the living God, will lay down one of our most precious possessions and practices. A feast is to be sacrificed, and it is called laughter.
Some people are taking the hyper-grace approach these days exonerating themselves and others from dying to self as living sacrifices. “I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a LIVING SACRIFICE, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service” (Rom 12:1 NKJV). This will cause them and the people they influence to miss out in becoming part of His Pure and Spotless One.
“A feast is made for laughter” (Ecclesiastes 10:19),” and the one to be sacrificed is called laughter.” Will you have the courage to examine this lamb of Christmas we yearly offer to God?
Our Beloved is asking us to come closer. The One, who loves us, is summoning His people to meet Him at His stated time. The Holy One of Israel is directing us into a certain position to engage us for marriage. He is asking His people (all people) to sacrifice a holiday they love for the One they love. For these precious ones, a feast is to be sacrificed, and it is called laughter.
~ Robin Main
Copyright Dec 6, 2014 – Sapphire Throne Ministries – Robin Main
Other “Blazing New Wine of Hanukkah (Bridal Restoration of DNA)” posts:
- BLAZING NEW WINE OF HANUKKAH (BRIDAL RESTORATION OF DNA) =>https://santatizing.wordpress.com/2018/12/29/blazing-new-wine-of-hanukkah-bridal-restoration-of-dna/
- LIGHT OF THE WORLD – BRIDAL RESTORATION OF DNA =>https://santatizing.wordpress.com/2014/11/24/light-of-the-world-bridal-restoration-of-dna/
- GOLDEN SCRIBE ANGEL => https://santatizing.wordpress.com/2014/12/01/golden-scribe-angel/
- MELCHIZEDEK ENOCH IN MERKABAH FORM (METATRON) => https://santatizing.wordpress.com/2014/12/01/melchizedek-enoch-in-merkabah-form-metatron/
- COALS OF FIRE FROM THE BLAZING NEW WINE => https://santatizing.wordpress.com/2014/12/01/coals-of-fire-from-the-blazing-new-wine/
- YESHUA’S FULL GOVERNMENT DECLARATION DURING HANUKKAH => https://santatizing.wordpress.com/2014/12/02/yeshuas-full-government-declaration-during-hanukkah/
- HANUKKAH MARKER TO CALCULATE FULFILLMENT OF ANTICHRIST => https://santatizing.wordpress.com/2014/12/02/hanukkah-marker-to-calculate-fulfillment-of-antichrist/
- CHOOSE BEAUTY OR THE BEAST => https://santatizing.wordpress.com/2014/12/02/choose-beauty-or-the-beast/
- SHOT HEARD AROUND THE WORLD => https://santatizing.wordpress.com/2014/12/02/shot-heard-around-the-world/
- RE-DEDICATION OF LAUGHTER => https://santatizing.wordpress.com/2014/12/06/re-dedication-of-laughter/
- ULTIMATE PROOF OF THE MESSIAH HAPPENED DURING HANUKKAH (HEALING MAN BORN BLIND) => https://santatizing.wordpress.com/2014/12/12/ultimate-proof-of-the-messiah-happened-during-hanukkah-healing-man-born-blind/
- JOURNEY TO BECOME HIS BRIDE (STORY OF HANUKKAH #1) => https://santatizing.wordpress.com/2014/12/15/journey-to-become-his-bride-story-of-hanukkah-1/
- JOURNEY TO BECOME HIS BRIDE (STORY OF HANUKKAH #2) – BATTLE TO RE-DEDICATE GOD’S ALTAR => https://santatizing.wordpress.com/2014/12/15/journey-to-become-his-bride-story-of-hanukkah-2-battle-to-re-dedicate-gods-altar/
• Ascension Manual book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578188511
• Understanding the Order of Melchizedek: Complete Series book => https://www.amazon.com/Understanding-Order-Melchizedek-Robin-Main/dp/0998598240/
• MEL GEL Study Guide book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578188538/
• MEL GEL Study Guide: Volume 2 book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0998598232/
• Set of Hebrew Living Letter Flash Cards => http://www.sapphirethroneministries.com/art.html
• All STM Resources (usually cheaper than Amazon), including teaching videos => http://www.sapphirethroneministries.com/resources.html
• Blazing New Wine of Hanukkah: Bridal Restoration of DNA book => https://www.amazon.com/Blazing-New-Wine-Hanukkah-Understanding-ebook/dp/B010MHNZMK/
• SANTA-TIZING: What’s wrong with Christmas and how to clean it up book => https://www.amazon.com/SANTA-TIZING-Whats-wrong-Christmas-clean/dp/1607911159/ was written to fulfill a vow made to Yeshua’s face to tell the Christian Church that “Christmas will be the Golden Calf of America.” It took 10 years of full-time research, a golden scribe angel and the Spirit’s leading to unearthing His Truth in the sands of time. It covers every argument that you have ever heard about Christmas.