We literally tap into an ancient and authentic Yuletide atmosphere when we crown our children as king for Christmas. Social inversion during this season has its roots in the ancient Yuletide tradition of the Mock King.
It was the custom in ancient Babylon for masters to be subject to their servants, and one of them ruled the house clothed in purple garments. This Mock King dressed in royal robes, enjoyed the real king’s concubines, and after reigning for five days was stripped, scourged and killed. The servant made king custom was adopted by the Roman Saturnalia – Christmas Season’s immediate predecessor. (See http://wp.me/p158HG-2m.) Its tradition continued down through the centuries (without the literal human sacrifice element) by way of the lower clergy’s Feast of Fools, the Lord of Misrule, Twelfth Night King and Queen, and the Christmas King.
It’s interesting to note that in the ancient Chaldean language of Babylon, “Yule” is the word for an infant or little child. This makes sense since the Yule Log tradition primordially was part of the birth celebration of the Babylonian Queen of Heaven’s son. The Yule Log symbolized Nimrod, cut down in his prime of life and in the height of his power, then cut into pieces and burned. An evergreen tree, which sprang out of an old tree stump, was said to represent Nimrod come back to life in Tammuz. Therefore, the very name by which Christmas is also known – Yule Day or the Yuletide Season – is literally linked to its Babylonian origin.
The shift to children being put in charge of the festivities came with our new and improved American Christmas. The American Christmas, which is now prevalent throughout the whole earth, was forged with the Victorian values of family, children, goodwill and nostalgia in the early 19th century. Our domesticated Christmas rituals centers on family, but especially children.
According to Stephen Nissenbaum’s book The Battle for Christmas, “the Christmas tree tradition is a direct outgrowth from parents being concerned over putting children at the center of Christmas. Ultimately, the Christmas tree was brought into the domesticated Christmas to manipulate the behavior of children. With the introduction of the Christmas tree to the American Christmas, the focus was supposed to shift from the children to the tree.” Unbeknownst to many, the evergreen element returns us full circle to Christmas’s original pagan root. Check out WHERE THE CHRISTMAS TREE COMES FROM => http://wp.me/p158HG-5i .
Listen. Can you hear Yeshua’s heart? “The mixture of Christmas grieves My heart. Come out of Babylon and lay down Christmas, for I WILL have a pure and spotless Bride.” (Please refer to http://wp.me/p158HG-4E and/or http://wp.me/p158HG-kH).
~ Robin Main
• YULETIDE TRADITION – KIDS IN CHARGE => http://wp.me/p158HG-3A
• MY LAST CHRISTMAS => http://wp.me/p158HG-4E
• NORTH POLE GOING SOUTH? => http://wp.me/p158HG-kH
• WHERE CHRISTMAS COMES FROM – PART 1 => http://wp.me/p158HG-1t
• WHERE CHRISTMAS COMES FROM – PART 2 => http://wp.me/p158HG-2m
• WHERE THE CHRISTMAS TREE COMES FROM => http://wp.me/p158HG-5i
• HOW AMERICAN CHRISTMAS TREE BECAME SO POPULAR => http://wp.me/p158HG-6i
• BLAZING NEW WINE OF HANUKKAH (BRIDAL RESTORATION OF DNA) => http://www.amazon.com/…/prod…/1634430026/ref=cm_sw_r_fa_myi…
• SANTA-TIZING: WHAT’S WRONG WITH CHRISTMAS AND HOW TO CLEAN IT UP => http://www.amazon.com/SANTA-TIZING-Whats-wrong…/…/1607911159 was written to fulfill a vow made to Yeshua’s face to tell the Christian Church that “Christmas will be the Golden Calf of America.” It took 10 years of full-time research, a golden scribe angel and the Spirit’s leading to unearthing His Truth in the sands of time. It covers every argument that you have ever heard about Christmas.