Have you ever heard of the popular medieval plays based on biblical stories? One of the most popular medieval mystery plays told the story of Creation and the expulsion from the Garden of Eden. It was called the Paradise Play and was staged on December 24.
In the story of Adam and Eve, there was a stage prop called the Paradise Tree that was said to represent Paradise Lost. It was often a fir tree that was hung with apples and round wafers. These round wafers were said to be an imitation of the consecrated host (i.e. bread of communion in high churches of the Catholic Church). Even after the mystery plays fell into disfavor, we are told that people kept their memory alive through a stage prop that they erected in their homes on December 24th – the day that the Paradise Play was ordinarily presented.
Those who favor this account of the origins of the Christmas Tree, then blend it with the medieval Teutonic (German) custom of setting up a pyramid of shelves at Christmas on which candles of greenery were placed. They claim that in the Rhineland region of Germany in the 16th century, the pyramid and Paradise Tree merged into a lighted fir tree hung with ornaments. They say this was the prototype of today’s Christmas Tree.
In reality, Babylon marks the beginning of tree or creation worship. An old Babylonian tale tells of an evergreen tree, which sprang out of a dead tree stump. The old stump symbolized the dead first worldly king – Nimrod – the new evergreen tree symbolized that Nimrod had come back to life again in Tammuz. Unbeknownst to many, our decked-out evergreen trees return us full-circle to Christmas’ original Babylonian root.
During the time that the Christmas holiday was being forged anew in America, Godey’s Magazine tried to fashion a conventional image for the ancient fertility idol that became a domestic talisman (i.e. homing device). They told their readers: “an orthodox Christmas Tree will have the figures of our first parents at its foot, and a serpent twining himself around its stem.”
When we couple this with the fact that “Ho Ho Ho” was the devil’s entry line in the medieval mystery plays, we get a very clear sign of what our modern-day Christmas Trees represent. Christmas Trees re-enforce our Paradise Lost. A serpent entwined around an orthodox Christmas Tree’s stem is directly connected to Santa Claus’ (i.e. the devil’s) entry line: Ho! Ho! Ho! Please see the SPIRIT OF CHRISTMAS posts below.
The final bread crumb clue that I’d like to point out is the fact that the Paradise Lost Christmas Tree was hung with communion bread (consecrated host). This speaks about God’s people partaking communion from a particular table that is not God’s Table. 1 Corinthians 10:21 puts it this way: “You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons; you cannot partake of the Lord’s table and of the table of demons.”
Are God’s people supposed to take communion remembering The Fall of Adam & Eve or remembering Yeshua and His Body?
“For I received from the Lord that which I also delivered to you, that the Lord Jesus in the night in which He was betrayed took bread; and when He had given thanks, He broke it and said, ‘This is My body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of Me.’ In the same way He took the cup also after the supper, saying, ‘This cup is the new covenant in My blood; do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me.’ For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until He comes. Therefore whoever eats the bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until He comes. Therefore whoever eats the bread and drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner, shall be guilty of the body and the blood of the Lord. But a man must examine himself, and in so doing he is to eat of the bread and drink of the cup. For he who eats and drinks, eats and drinks judgment to himself if he does not judge the body rightly… But if we judged ourselves rightly, we would not be judged. But when we are judged, we are disciplined by the Lord so that we will not be condemned along with the world” (1 Corinthians 11:23-32 NASB).
~ Robin Main
Copyright Dec. 17, 2015 – Sapphire Throne Ministries – Robin Main
• WHERE THE CHRISTMAS TREE COMES FROM => http://wp.me/p158HG-5i
• HOW AMERICAN CHRISTMAS TREE BECAME SO POPULAR => http://wp.me/p158HG-6i
• SPIRIT OF CHRISTMAS => http://wp.me/p158HG-nb
• THIS IS CHRISTMAS: HO NO! HO NO! HO NO! =>http://wp.me/p158HG-Eh
• THIS IS CHRISTMAS: TREE OF KNOWLEDGE => http://wp.me/p158HG-EV
• SANTA-TIZING VIDEO #4 – O I-DOLL-A-TREE => https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE7-y_cRU0M
• SANTA-TIZING VIDEO #7 – SPIRIT OF CHRISTMAS => https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUWHUHLtHw4
• Ascension Manual book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578188511
• Understanding the Order of Melchizedek: Complete Series book => https://www.amazon.com/Understanding-Order-Melchizedek-Robin-Main/dp/0998598240/
• MEL GEL Study Guide book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578188538/
• MEL GEL Study Guide: Volume 2 book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0998598232/
• Blazing New Wine of Hanukkah book =>https://www.amazon.com/Blazing-New-Wine-Hanukkah-Understanding-ebook/dp/B010MHNZMK/
• Let There Be Light! Hanukkah Meditations book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0998598208/
• Set of Hebrew Living Letter Flash Cards => http://www.sapphirethroneministries.com/art.html
• All STM Resources (usually cheaper than Amazon), including teaching videos => http://www.sapphirethroneministries.com/resources.html
• SANTA-TIZING: What’s wrong with Christmas and how to clean it up book => https://www.amazon.com/SANTA-TIZING-Whats-wrong-Christmas-clean/dp/1607911159/ was written to fulfill a vow made to Yeshua’s face to tell the Christian Church that “Christmas will be the Golden Calf of America.” It took 10 years of full-time research, a golden scribe angel and the Spirit’s leading to unearthing His Truth in the sands of time. It covers every argument that you have ever heard about Christmas.
ART: “Thy Kingdom Come” – 36″x36″ Acrylic on Canvas by Yoon Soo Nam.https://www.facebook.com/NamYoonSooArt/photos/pb.150739321752202.-2207520000.1450371804./503092343183563/?type=3&theater