An evergreen tree, displayed at the turn of the winter solstice, is a homing device that links ancient and modern traditions.
Today, most Christians bow in front of a tree hung with sun images (i.e. ornaments) to exchange gifts with one another in honor of the ancient commemoration of the Nativity of the Sun, without realizing its idolatrous origins.
Lucky for Bereans, Catholicism’s records keep track of this fact. The “Catholic Encyclopedia” credits Mithra’s Winter Festival as claiming strong responsibility for the December 25th date for Christmas. Mithra was the sun god adopted by Rome who was the Persian version of the Babylonian sun god Tammuz. Mithra’s birth celebration was called “The Nativity,” “The Nativity of the Sun,” or “The Nativity of the Unconquered Sun.”
The Christmas Tree recapitulates the idea of tree worship with its gilded nuts and balls on a tree symbolizing the sun. Please always remember that history records that throughout antiquity, and even today, the pagan sun gods birthday has been celebrated on the ancient winter solstice – December 25th.
Another magical word for a homing device is a “talisman”. Just look in your own hometown to see what an essential part of Christmas the decorated tree truly is; and how it literally tugs at people’s hearts to call them nostalgically home. Evergreen trees, evergreen boughs, lights and wreaths not only decorate celebrant’s homes, but our town squares too.
Please understand that this evergreen talisman also has an ancient connection to a specific place in Babylon – Chaldea. Ezekiel 16:29-31 speaks of the harlotry of the Land of Merchants. Perhaps you can recognize some Christmas essentials that come from Chaldea – the place where sorcery, sun god worship, and its associated “land of merchants” status originated. Ezekiel 16 tells us that the Land of Merchants – Chaldea – is a place where God’s people multiply their harlotry against the Lord, but they still are not satisfied. Ezekiel 16 goes on to tell is that it can be recognized by its shrines that are built at the beginning of every street and in the high place in every town square. Is there another time that the streets and town squares throughout the world are so lavishly decorated? Add to this that the harlotry associated with the Land of Merchants has a general disdain for frugally spending money when it comes to its worship, and we run smack dab into Christmas.
Christians, won’t you and lay down Christmas to become part of God’s Pure & Spotless Bride?
~ Robin Main
MORE ON THE SUBJECT:
• O I-DOLL-A-TREE => https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE7-y_cRU0M
• WHERE THE CHRISTMAS TREE COMES FROM => http://wp.me/p158HG-5i
• HOW THE AMERICAN CHRISTMAS TREE BECAME SO POPULAR => http://wp.me/p158HG-6i
• THIS IS CHRISTMAS: TREE OF KNOWLEDGE => http://wp.me/p158HG-EV
• ROOTS OF CHRISTMAS => https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvrVXjd-mm8
• WHERE CHRISTMAS COMES FROM => https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INypfLsTaPw
• YULE LOVE CHRISTMAS => https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qP5YJPmB0So
• SPIRIT OF CHRISTMAS =>
BOOK AVAILABLE ON AMAZON:
• SANTA-TIZING: WHAT’S WRONG WITH CHRISTMAS AND HOW TO CLEAN IT UP => http://www.amazon.com/SANTA-TIZING-Whats-wrong…/…/1607911159 was written to fulfill a vow made to Yeshua’s face to tell the Christian Church that “Christmas will be the Golden Calf of America.” It took 10 years of full-time research, a golden scribe angel and the Spirit’s leading to unearthing His Truth in the sands of time. It covers every argument that you have ever heard about Christmas.
Photo: Prague’s Old Town Square Christmas Tree in the Czech Republic