“Examine me, LORD, and prove me. Try my heart and my mind” (Psalm 26:2). The KJV says “try my reins and my heart.” In this verse, King David is asking for the testing and trying of his innermost parts that are connected to his feelings and emotions. Wow! Talking about a man after God’s own heart! As a priest after the Order of Melchizedek, David knew the Kingdom of God within him needed to be refined in the All-Consuming Fire, so he could come forth as gold (Psalm 110:4; Luke 17:21; Heb 12:29; Job 23:10).
It’s extremely difficult to see our own blind spots, which in many cases are idols of our own heart. Therefore, it’s crucial to lay all our belief systems and preconceived notions on His Altar before we ask that the Lord tests and tries us. I don’t know about you, but I hate to waste a good trial. King David also put it this way: “Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting” (Psalm 139:23-24 KJV).
For the past couple years, a common phrase I have heard is: “If your heart is truly right, is it wrong?” Let’s get our mind off a single issue in order to examine the heart of the matter – your heart.
Every single person can say that their heart is right about anything, and I mean anything. How do you think abusers justify what they do? The reality is that we can believe something in our hearts, but it may not be as we believe. Proverbs 14:12 says: “There is a way that seems right to a man, but its end is the way of death.” Our hearts are not the arbitrators of truth. God is. That’s why David persistently pressed into Him: “Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me” (Psa 51:10 NKJV).
Let God Himself test and try the soil of your heart in all matters. The answer to Jeremiah 17:9 question: “The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?” is our heavenly Father who loves us and wants what’s best for us like a good Daddy.
The problem with carnal, fleshly and worldly things is that we all can be so easily deceived. Therefore, we all need to stick to the plumb line of Scripture. Not religiously, but in a life-giving way with a good dose of the Spirit of the Living God too. I’d like to re-emphasize that to see our own blind spots – like the idols of our heart – we have to put that matter on God’s Altar to burn up any personal desires; then ask the LORD about it. Ask how God sees the heart of the matter.
If Christmas is all about worship, (which every festival-holiday is), then it is not what we want or think that matters, but what He wants and thinks. Within the context of Scripture, there is great liberty; but mixing pagan things with holy things is a big no-no on His list, and prohibits His Dwelling Presence. Please refer to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbEuq3Tz2Q8 and/or http://wp.me/p158HG-Dx.
~ Robin Main
Originally published on December 29, 2015 via FB => https://www.facebook.com/SapphireThroneMinistries/photos/a.436008649804968.101323.436004819805351/1012107298861764/?type=3&theater
• THE FEAST: Interactive Online Conference #1 =>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbEuq3Tz2Q8
• CRUX FOR GOD’S DWELLING PRESENCE =>http://wp.me/p158HG-Dx
• IF YOUR HEART IS RIGHT, IS IT WRONG? =>https://www.facebook.com/SapphireThroneMinistries/photos/a.436008649804968.101323.436004819805351/790019207737242/?type=1&theater
• THREE PURE WORSHIP QUESTIONS =>https://www.facebook.com/SapphireThroneMinistries/photos/a.436008649804968.101323.436004819805351/791165690955927/?type=1&theater
• BANNER OVER HIS BRIDAL COMPANY IS LOVE => https://www.facebook.com/SapphireThroneMinistries/videos/1008142462591581/
• SANTA-TIZING: WHAT’S WRONG WITH CHRISTMAS AND HOW TO CLEAN IT UP =>http://www.amazon.com/SANTA-TIZING-Whats-wrong-Christmas-clean/dp/1607911159 was written to fulfill a vow made to Yeshua’s face to tell the Christian Church that “Christmas will be the Golden Calf of America.” It took 10 years of full-time research, a golden scribe angel and the Spirit’s leading to unearth His Truth in the sands of time. It covers every argument that you have ever heard about Christmas.