Then came the Feast of Dedication at Jerusalem. It was winter, and Jesus was in the temple area walking in Solomon’s Colonnade.” (John 10:22-23 NIV).
The Feast of Dedication is another term for Hanukkah, so is the Feast of Light and the Feast of Miracles. Because Hebrew is a pictorial language, it can have several different phonetic spellings for the same word in English. Hence, sometimes we see Hanukkah spelled with an “H” and sometimes with a “C-H”.
When anyone asks why a Christian would celebrate Hanukkah, the simplest and most direct answer is that Jesus did. “Jesus gave them this answer: ‘I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by Himself; he can do only what He sees His Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does’” (John 5:19). So when Jesus celebrated Hanukkah on earth, significantly, His Heavenly Father participated also. Stop and really think about that. Our precious Heavenly Father not only approved of Hanukkah, but joined in the festivities. In fact, the days of Hanukkah were designated as a festival of praise and thanksgiving, because the Jewish people recognized the annual return of the same kind of spiritual force that resulted in the original miracle of winning back their temple by overcoming pagan sun god worship. The eight days has to do with the eight days required to purify God’s Altar, which is symbolic of our purifying our hearts.
The light of the Menorah in God’s Temple is symbolic of the light of God’s Presence. It was a priestly task to light it after they went to the Brazen Altar and the Brazen Laver, which is His cleansing by fire and water.
1) When asked why you celebrate Hanukkah, have you ever responded: “Because Yeshua (Jesus) did?” If so, what was their response?
2) What are the changes that you are seeing this season or since deciding to celebrate the Biblical Feast of Hanukkah? NOTE: We call it Biblical, because it is in the Bible, and the reference shows Yeshua (Jesus) celebrating Hanukkah with fellow believers.
3) The Bible tells us “make sure that the light you think you have is not actually darkness”(Luke 11:35 NLT). Give an example of how the light you think you have can actually be darkness?
~ Robin Main
Copyright Dec. 16, 2014 – Sapphire Throne Ministries – Robin Main
Originally published => https://www.facebook.com/SapphireThroneMinistries/photos/a.436008649804968.101323.436004819805351/797736560298840/?type=1&theater
Other posts about celebrating Hanukkah in the Messiah:
• GENERAL GUIDELINES FOR CELEBRATING HANUKKAH – KINDLING LIGHTS & BLESSINGS => https://santatizing.wordpress.com/2017/01/01/general-guidelines-for-celebrating-hanukkah-kindling-lights-blessings/
• HANUKKAH DEVOTION – READING NIGHT 1 – “Walking As Yeshua (Jesus) Did”=> https://santatizing.wordpress.com/2017/01/01/hanukkah-devotional-reading-night-1-walking-as-yeshua-jesus-did/
• HANUKKAH DEVOTION – READING NIGHT 2 – “Priests Cleansing Our Temples” – https://santatizing.wordpress.com/2017/01/01/hanukkah-devotional-reading-night-2-priests-cleansing-our-temples/
• HANUKKAH DEVOTION – READING NIGHT 3 – “Eyes to See” => https://santatizing.wordpress.com/2017/01/01/hanukkah-devotional-reading-night-3-eyes-to-see/
• HANUKKAH DEVOTION – READING NIGHT 4 – “What Do You See?” => https://santatizing.wordpress.com/2017/01/01/hanukkah-devotion-reading-night-4-what-do-you-see/
• HANUKKAH DEVOTION – READING NIGHT 5 – “Pure & Pressed Like Gold” => https://santatizing.wordpress.com/2017/01/01/hanukkah-devotion-reading-night-5-pure-pressed-like-gold/
• HANUKKAH DEVOTION – READING NIGHT 6 – “The True Light of Love” => https://santatizing.wordpress.com/2017/01/02/hanukkah-devotion-reading-night-6-the-true-light-of-love/
• HANUKKAH DEVOTION – READING NIGHT 7 – “The Place of Miracles” => https://santatizing.wordpress.com/2017/01/02/hanukkah-devotion-reading-night-7-the-place-of-miracles/
• HANUKKAH DEVOTION – READING NIGHT 8 – “Will You Be Betrothed?” => https://santatizing.wordpress.com/2017/01/02/hanukkah-devotion-reading-night-8-will-you-be-betrothed/
• Ascension Manual book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578188511
• Understanding the Order of Melchizedek: Complete Series book => https://www.amazon.com/Understanding-Order-Melchizedek-Robin-Main/dp/0998598240/
• MEL GEL Study Guide book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578188538/
• MEL GEL Study Guide: Volume 2 book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0998598232/
• SANTA-TIZING: What’s wrong with Christmas and how to clean it up book => https://www.amazon.com/SANTA-TIZING-Whats-wrong-Christmas-clean/dp/1607911159/
• Blazing New Wine of Hanukkah book =>https://www.amazon.com/Blazing-New-Wine-Hanukkah-Understanding-ebook/dp/B010MHNZMK/
• Let There Be Light! Hanukkah Meditations book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0998598208/
• Set of Hebrew Living Letter Flash Cards => https://www.sapphirethroneministries.com/flashcards
Pingback: DOING WHAT JESUS DID – “I AM THAT I AM” | SANTA-TIZING's Blog
Pingback: GENERAL GUIDELINES FOR CELEBRATING HANUKKAH – KINDLING LIGHTS & BLESSINGS | SANTA-TIZING's Blog
Pingback: HANUKKAH DEVOTION READING NIGHT 8 – “Will You Be Betrothed?” | SANTA-TIZING's Blog
Pingback: HANUKKAH DEVOTION READING NIGHT 7 – “The Place of Miracles” | SANTA-TIZING's Blog
Pingback: HANUKKAH DEVOTION READING NIGHT 6 – “The True Light of Love” | SANTA-TIZING's Blog
Pingback: HANUKKAH DEVOTION READING NIGHT 5 – “Pure & Pressed Like Gold” | SANTA-TIZING's Blog
Pingback: HANUKKAH DEVOTION READING NIGHT 4 – “What Do You See?” | SANTA-TIZING's Blog
Pingback: HANUKKAH DEVOTIONAL READING NIGHT 3 – “Eyes to See” | SANTA-TIZING's Blog
Pingback: HANUKKAH DEVOTIONAL READING NIGHT 2 – “Priests Cleansing Our Temples” | SANTA-TIZING's Blog