“Dear friends, I am not writing a new commandment for it is an old one you have always had, right from the beginning. This commandment to love one another is the same message you heard before. Yet it is also new. This commandment is true in Christ and is true among you, because the darkness is disappearing and the true light is already shining” (1 John 2:7-8 NLT).
“The one who loves his brother abides in the light and there is no cause for stumbling in him” (1 John 2:10 NASB).
Our Lord of Light, Love and Life is Jesus Christ (Yeshua Ha Mashiach). These three concepts light, love, and life go hand-in-hand in God’s Word. When we accept Jesus Christ of Nazareth as our Lord and Savior, we begin our journey to become like Him, which is the exact representation of our heavenly Father. “See how great a love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called the children of God; and such we are… We know that when He appears, we shall be like Him, because we shall see Him just as He is” (1 John 3:1-2 NASB). Divine love is the Father’s incredible gift to all of us: “Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows” (James 1:17). The Bible even says: “If anyone acknowledges that Jesus is the Son of God, God lives in him and he in God. And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him” (1 John 4:15-16).
Several years ago, Yeshua come to me in a vision. I saw Him take my hand and heard Him say, “Come with Me. I have something to show you.” Yeshua began to explain, “Just as the physical realm of earth was founded on the waters, so is its spiritual realm founded on My Father’s love. I began to see these iridescent light beams shoot past me. I was amazed, especially since I had never thought of what the spiritual world was founded on ever before. The first thing I did was research if the earth was truly founded on the waters. I discovered: “For he laid the earth’s foundation on the seas and built it on the ocean depths.” (Psalm 24:2 NLT). The next thing I contemplated was divine love. It would take pages upon pages to even scratch the surface of this subject. So let’s just let the Bible speak for itself: “For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord” (Romans 8:38-39). Indeed, God is love. “Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. The one who does not love does not know God, for God is love” (1 John 4:7-8 NASB).
1. Do you know what the greatest commandment is?
(Hint: Matthew 22:37-39)
2. Two of the most important eternal things on earth are people and God’s Word. How are people and God’s Word related to divine love? (Hint: Galatians 5:13-14; 1 John 5:2-3)
3. What does it mean that we abide in the light when we love one another?
4. Tell us how you know God loves you or someone else.
~ Robin Main
Other posts about celebrating Hanukkah in the Messiah:
• GENERAL GUIDELINES FOR CELEBRATING HANUKKAH – KINDLING LIGHTS & BLESSINGS – https://santatizing.wordpress.com/2017/01/01/general-guidelines-for-celebrating-hanukkah-kindling-lights-blessings/
• HANUKKAH DEVOTION – READING NIGHT 1 – “Walking As Yeshua (Jesus) Did”- https://santatizing.wordpress.com/2017/01/01/hanukkah-devotional-reading-night-1-walking-as-yeshua-jesus-did/
• HANUKKAH DEVOTION – READING NIGHT 2 – “Priests Cleansing Our Temples” – https://santatizing.wordpress.com/2017/01/01/hanukkah-devotional-reading-night-2-priests-cleansing-our-temples/
• HANUKKAH DEVOTION – READING NIGHT 3 – “Eyes to See” – https://santatizing.wordpress.com/2017/01/01/hanukkah-devotional-reading-night-3-eyes-to-see/
• HANUKKAH DEVOTION – READING NIGHT 4 – “What Do You See?” – https://santatizing.wordpress.com/2017/01/01/hanukkah-devotion-reading-night-4-what-do-you-see/
• HANUKKAH DEVOTION – READING NIGHT 5 – “Pure & Pressed Like Gold” – https://santatizing.wordpress.com/2017/01/01/hanukkah-devotion-reading-night-5-pure-pressed-like-gold/
• HANUKKAH DEVOTION – READING NIGHT 6 – “The True Light of Love” – https://santatizing.wordpress.com/2017/01/02/hanukkah-devotion-reading-night-6-the-true-light-of-love/