“The apostles performed many miraculous signs and wonders among the people. And all the believers used to meet together in Solomon’s Colonnade” (Acts 5:12).
Yeshua walked in Solomon’s Colonnade during the feast of Hanukkah, declaring to the Jews that His miraculous works plainly revealed He was the Messiah. Israel’s priests had previously concluded that when they heard the testimony of someone being healed of the incurable disease of leprosy, it would be an obvious sign of the Messiah . . . that He had come. And not only that, but the Messiah also would restore the sight of someone born blind. One born lame would walk. When John the Baptist asked Jesus: Are you the One? Yeshua sent back the message: Tell John the blind see, the leper is cleansed, the lame walk and the captives are set free (Matt. 11:4-5).
All the passages that speak of Solomon’s Colonnade tell us it’s a place of miracles. Acts 5:12 informs us that all the believers met together at Solomon’s Colonnade. It’s the place where the apostles performed many miracles, signs, and wonders among the people. It is also the place where a beggar, who had been crippled from birth, held on to Peter and John and was healed (Acts 3:11). Solomon’s Colonnade is also called Solomon’s Porch. It was built by Solomon on the east side of the temple. From this side, the glory fills God’s temple. A porch or portico is a covered area adjoining an entrance to a building and usually has a separate roof. Spiritually speaking, it represents the place where a believer already has entered the temple (i.e., a relationship with God), but not the building (i.e., become a permanent dwelling place for God).
The celebration of Hanukkah holds several keys for end-time believers. Hanukkah is celebrated in winter when things look asleep, just as all ten virgins in Matthew 25 were asleep because “the Bridegroom was a long time in coming” (Matt. 25:5). By the way, both the wise and foolish virgins are representative of believers. Hanukkah emphasizes God’s people celebrating both a miraculous military victory over heathen oppressors, by a small, ragtag righteous remnant as well as cleaning out and rededicating our temples to the Lord.
Notice how Acts 5:12 articulates: “And all the believers used to meet together in Solomon’s Colonnade.” I believe that this statement is prophetic. I see eternity looking back into earth’s time-space continuum and the heavenly throng’s acknowledgement of it: All the believers in the Lord Jesus Christ meet in Solomon’s Colonnade in a spiritual sense when they celebrate the Biblical Feast of Dedication in Zion.
1. What’s the name of the place in the Temple area where believers met? (Answer: Solomon’s Colonnade)
2. What went on there? (Answer: Miracles, signs and wonders)
3. Can you tell us of any miracles you’ve seen or experienced?
~ Robin Main
Copyright 2014 – Sapphire Throne Ministries – Robin Main
Other posts about celebrating Hanukkah in the Messiah:
• GENERAL GUIDELINES FOR CELEBRATING HANUKKAH – KINDLING LIGHTS & BLESSINGS => https://santatizing.wordpress.com/2017/01/01/general-guidelines-for-celebrating-hanukkah-kindling-lights-blessings/
• HANUKKAH DEVOTION – READING NIGHT 1 – “Walking As Yeshua (Jesus) Did”=> https://santatizing.wordpress.com/2017/01/01/hanukkah-devotional-reading-night-1-walking-as-yeshua-jesus-did/
• HANUKKAH DEVOTION – READING NIGHT 2 – “Priests Cleansing Our Temples” – https://santatizing.wordpress.com/2017/01/01/hanukkah-devotional-reading-night-2-priests-cleansing-our-temples/
• HANUKKAH DEVOTION – READING NIGHT 3 – “Eyes to See” => https://santatizing.wordpress.com/2017/01/01/hanukkah-devotional-reading-night-3-eyes-to-see/
• HANUKKAH DEVOTION – READING NIGHT 4 – “What Do You See?” => https://santatizing.wordpress.com/2017/01/01/hanukkah-devotion-reading-night-4-what-do-you-see/
• HANUKKAH DEVOTION – READING NIGHT 5 – “Pure & Pressed Like Gold” => https://santatizing.wordpress.com/2017/01/01/hanukkah-devotion-reading-night-5-pure-pressed-like-gold/
• HANUKKAH DEVOTION – READING NIGHT 6 – “The True Light of Love” => https://santatizing.wordpress.com/2017/01/02/hanukkah-devotion-reading-night-6-the-true-light-of-love/
• HANUKKAH DEVOTION – READING NIGHT 7 – “The Place of Miracles” => https://santatizing.wordpress.com/2017/01/02/hanukkah-devotion-reading-night-7-the-place-of-miracles/
• HANUKKAH DEVOTION – READING NIGHT 8 – “Will You Be Betrothed?” => https://santatizing.wordpress.com/2017/01/02/hanukkah-devotion-reading-night-8-will-you-be-betrothed/
• Ascension Manual book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578188511
• Understanding the Order of Melchizedek: Complete Series book => https://www.amazon.com/Understanding-Order-Melchizedek-Robin-Main/dp/0998598240/
• MEL GEL Study Guide book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578188538/
• MEL GEL Study Guide: Volume 2 book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0998598232/
• SANTA-TIZING: What’s wrong with Christmas and how to clean it up book => https://www.amazon.com/SANTA-TIZING-Whats-wrong-Christmas-clean/dp/1607911159/
• Set of Hebrew Living Letter Flash Cards => https://www.sapphirethroneministries.com/flashcards
Pingback: Priests Cleansing Our Temples | SANTA-TIZING's Blog
Pingback: MIRACLE WALK IN A WINTER WONDER-LAND | sapphirethroneministries
Pingback: GENERAL GUIDELINES FOR CELEBRATING HANUKKAH – KINDLING LIGHTS & BLESSINGS | SANTA-TIZING's Blog
Pingback: HANUKKAH DEVOTIONAL READING NIGHT 1 – “Walking As Yeshua (Jesus) Did” | SANTA-TIZING's Blog
Pingback: HANUKKAH DEVOTIONAL READING NIGHT 3 – “Eyes to See” | SANTA-TIZING's Blog
Pingback: HANUKKAH DEVOTION READING NIGHT 4 – “What Do You See?” | SANTA-TIZING's Blog
Pingback: HANUKKAH DEVOTION READING NIGHT 5 – “Pure & Pressed Like Gold” | SANTA-TIZING's Blog
Pingback: HANUKKAH DEVOTION READING NIGHT 6 – “The True Light of Love” | SANTA-TIZING's Blog
Pingback: HANUKKAH DEVOTION READING NIGHT 8 – “Will You Be Betrothed?” | SANTA-TIZING's Blog